Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Traffic Woes and Corrupt Officials

The traffic in the Banilad-Talamban area is just plain terrible. Just last night, I spent an entire 30mins just sitting on the immobile jeepney. That’s too much for a punishment if these people governing our city are punishing us. And why would they do that? Haven’t we suffered enough with our monthly tax cuts, which went directly to the deep pockets of the corrupt officials? The government is full of people content of fattening their own asses in their iced and plush offices whilst the people feeding their own hungry mouths are suffering to the bones waiting for the traffic to ease up.

30 minutes stuck inside a packed jeepney filled with people nodding off their heads and yawning because they're simply tired and sleepy. Seeing the situation is such a pity. Sweats dripping from the forehead going down to the nape then to the armpit is a horrible scene to look at especially if you're wearing full office attire. This is total shit. The proposed construction of the flyover that is supposed to address the increasing flow towards the Talamban area has been delayed. Way, way, way much delayed. With the taxpayers paying the fattened asses of these officials, the masses and the taxpayers suffer from the almost flattened behind due to the increased period of sitting inside a cramped and sauna-hot like jeepneys. Who should we blame then? The contractors who likewise have fattened bottoms or the people who believes that somehow our lives will ease out. Just like the traffic, will our lives move slowly towards widened roads or will it be stuck forever in the maze of the roads?

My butt hurts, my feet is sore, already I smell something from my armpit (is it me or the guy sitting beside me, I’d like to think that its the guy), and my stomach is already churning the acid. I am tired, I am sleepy and I am hungry. This is a really bad combination. One matchstick and I’m about to flare up like a fireball. Take the superlatives out and think of it in real life and you'll get the picture

No comments: