Monday, June 1, 2009

A Matter of Great Weight

I never had an issue with my weight not until people started to comment and tell me that I am fat. As a woman, being called fat is equivalent to being called a whore. Just call me ugly but certainly not fat.

Lately, these weight issues has been bothering me in a way that I became more conscious especially with how I look. I currently weigh 110lbs and this is the heaviest I weighed so far with the exception of that time when I was pregnant.

Just a question though, is 110lbs too fat for somebody like me who stands at 5ft tall? I checked all websites with BMI (body mass index) calculator and I always tell me that I am at my normal weight.

The "fat" factor has really gotten into my nerves already that for the last 2 days, I’ve tried to drastically cut my meals into half so that I can go back to my usual 100lbs frame. Honestly, it’s driving me nuts already and I really don’t want to go into depression because of this.

For your information, I only eat 2-3 meals a day. And that's how I’ve been eating since. I’m not a fan of chocolates, soft drinks and carbohydrates. However, I’m not a big fan of vegetables either. I've always been a meat-lover and I think I will always be one (sorry PETA).

Right now, I can only think of two things that could have attributed to my weight gain. First, is the lack of exercise. Second, my daily dose of anti-asthma medication which is very much steroidal. I'd honestly want to blame it on my medication but I can already hear some of you say..."what a lame excuse."

I know, I know...I haven’t had exercise lately. Id rather not rant about how busy I am because I know it’s true however most of you will not believe it anyway. I am the usual sporty type who loves to hit the wall and the conquer heights (in short, do wall climbing) or ogle at the biceps of those cute college ball players (try jogging around the abellana and you'll know what I mean).

Anyhow, all BMI calculators tell me that I am at my ideal weight. Perhaps I just need to tone my muscles more to make me look fit.

From now on, I promise to get more sexercise. Sorry guys, I meant exercise. (what can I do? I'm only human). Seriously, ill try my very best to set aside a few minutes of my rather hectic schedule (as if!) to exercise. I know again that promises are made to be broken however in this case; I am the one who will benefit the promise so I’ll decide to keep it (keeping my fingers and toes crossed).

No comments: