Monday, June 1, 2009

Chicken Little

They say that each one of us have a certain animal within. Especially in relationships, each person is characterized with their animal persona.

Some women are called tigress because they are wild and untamable. Other older women are called cougars because they prowl for younger mate. "Other" women are called snakes because they sneak upon the husbands or boyfriends of other women.

Men on the other hand have certain animals characteristics attached to their personalities. Some are lions because they are the kings of their own jungle. Others are elephants because their egos are humongous. Other men tend to be like horses because they are strong and manly. And lastly, there's the formidable tomcats that has insatiable thirst for women.

If all of us have certain animal characteristics within us, what am I then? Well, I am but a chicken. Yes, a chicken and you heard me right.

When you hear the phrase "chickened out" that means you're afraid or you run away from something. Well, I am certainly like that in a relationship.

Over the years, I’ve met men who have somehow shown interests in me. Do you know what I normally do upon learning that? I chicken out and run away from it.

Last year, I met an American guy online who was really giddy and excited when he met me. I was flattered but then I got scared when he said that he's coming over to the Philippines to personally meet me. I got so scared that I totally discouraged him. Anyhow, no matter how I tried he still came over anyway. The usual chicken that I am, I stayed away from him. Good thing he met somebody else during his stay here and now they’re married.

This is just one of the many moments of my life wherein the chicken in me simply ruled over my rather strong lioness personality.

I am a chicken. Well, only in relationships anyway.

No comments: