Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weight and Waistline

Do you know that at 15, my waistline was 21, at 18, it was 24 and at 25 it was 26. Now that I’m nearing 30, it’s already 29. Would that mean by the time I’m 50 my waistline will be 40? Heaven forbid! I must act on this now, otherwise I’ll be sorry. You see my strength is relative to my weight. Meaning, I’m stronger if I’m heavier but I think it’s my sorry self telling me that again. I’m supposed to work out and run again. Oh, I missed jogging and running and dancing and mountaineering and wall climbing. Oh how I miss the joggings at the Abellana complex and all those cute guys in basketball uniform trying to sweat it out. Have I segued too much? Anyhow, I really miss exercising.

What I’m really trying to say is that, I have gained weight that is not relative to my height. I could hear my Mum telling me that if I’m going to gain more, I’d look like a chorizo ready to burst. Now, that’s something to laugh about. The only depressing thing about gaining weight is my inability to wear my old clothes. I have not even worn some of them yet and now they wont even fit. Damn!

Do you believe that if you’re happy, you’d enjoy food better thus you’d eat more? I certainly believe that line and please don’t try to question me because I am definitely happy where I’m at now and I really enjoy good food. And do you also know that my daughter now weighs 15kilos and she loves to be carried especially when I’m at home? I’m not saying that my daughter doesn’t know how to walk because she does and in fact she runs like hell whenever we play catch. But she just loves being carried whenever she feels like making lambing and she does make lambing all the time.

I know I’ve talked too much.

Bottom line is, lose weight and exercise.

No comments: