Thursday, February 12, 2009

Best days

About a year ago, I got suspended from work because f excessive absence. Deep inside I know that I wasn't at fault but policy is policy therefore, it has to be accepted and implemented. A suspension is a degrading thing. It's like failing on a subject that you like the most but the teacher is just impossible.

I was not the most optimistic person in the world. In fact, I grew up with so much pessimism that I have lost my self-confidence. What the suspension has taught me is that there's always a good thing that will come out from a negative situation.

The good thing that came out of it was that I was able to spend quality time with my daughter. Those days that I spent away from work were just one of the best days of my life. The best in the sense that I was able to cuddle, kiss and hold my daughter all those times. I was a mom, a friend and a playmate all throughout those days. I marveled at the amazing growth of children. I saw my daughter literally grow and somehow matured right in front of me. I'd give anything just to be able to do that again. But please...no more suspension.

No comments: