Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lipstick

I've always been regarded as tomboy. I play with the boys, hang out with the boys and I had a haircut like a boy. Despite of all these tomboyish things that I do like mountaineering, wall climbing and marathon running, I am with all body, mind and soul a woman.

One of the things that I am really proud of is that my ovaries had indeed been proven to be useful. I've gotten pregnant and I have already given birth. That alone is enough testament of womanhood.

Apart from that, proof of my being a woman is that I collect lipsticks. Over the years, I’ve had more then 30 tubes of lipstick. In my possession alone, I have 7 tubes of lipstick that I use in daily alternate and 3 tubes of flavored lip gloss. I know it’s a lot less compared to some who have more than 10 tubes in their make up kit.

So, why lipstick? I really have a fancy for that since I was allowed to wear one. I started with pinks to nudes and now to reds. I had a friend who made a comment about my choice of color. Why do you love red lipstick? Red has always been symbolized as sexy, fiery, and strong and it is a symbol for love. Wearing a red lipstick on your lips is significant of your personality. And besides, if you’re going to wear a lipstick, why wear a nude? A lipstick is supposed to add color to your face so a nude lipstick doesn’t justify it.

I fancy lipsticks like children fancy candies. It’s the perfect accessory to a boring outfit and it brings color to your face.

So, ladies and gentlemen, Red my Lips! Got it?

No comments: